Sunday, May 09, 2010

back

I fell off the face of the planet for a couple of weeks because of a hectic schedule.  Now I'm back!  I have so much to share, too.
First, I finally got my car about a month ago.  Here's a picture of my new little ride.  


My friend, Nicole, got in the car & promptly told me it was a "mom" car.  Thanks, Nic.  Oh well, if that's in the future, maybe then I'll already be prepared.
Next, I went to Cincinnati last weekend with my dear friend, Grace.  Her family was incredibly welcoming & kind during my stay.  I would like to take an annual retreat to their home just to relax!  Grace & I ran the Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon a week ago in the midst of thunderstorms & rain through the entire race.  We finished though!  


We celebrated by going to tea at an amazing little place in Cincinnati, going to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse & then going to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon."  If you have children, this movie is great (& even if you don't have kids it's great!)!  I had to say goodbye to Grace this week as she is moving on to grad school back east. I feel a definite sense of loss in saying goodbye to her.
I also went to a dear friend's baby shower today.  One of the few people in town that has known me since college.  She & her husband are moving in less than a month, which is also saddening, even though I know the Lord will use them in mighty ways where they move next.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Rach's shower, sorry KC friends.
Well, that's just a short update on life right now.  Hopefully I'll get back into the blogging mindset again soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad you are back to blogging! :)