Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

For as much fuss as I made about Valentine's day earlier this week, I really have enjoyed it after all!
The evening before my dear friend, Kelly, and I made dinner together (fajitas & yummy tiramisu that I made a couple of days ago!), and then attended the Kansas City Symphony. The performance consisted of works by Beethoven and Mendelssohn, including part of an opera called Leonore by Beethoven, which was sung in German. I loved it!
I woke up on Valentine's day and did some yoga, which reminded me of how much I really enjoy the practice of sun salutations every morning (must do this more frequently). Then we had awesome Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with fresh blueberries and strawberries! The flowers I received from Kelly and my Dad (thanks!) are beautifully arranged in a vase in my bathroom, and have just been so cheerful to gaze at while I'm brushing my teeth and getting
ready for the rest of the day. Cathy and I went to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic," which wasn't at all like the book, but still really entertaining and gave me lots of laughs! This evening we went to Sushi House and had amazing crazy lobster, godzilla, philly, spicy tuna and crunchy rolls (pictured below are the lobster and crunchy rolls). For those who may believe that sushi is "unsafe" to eat west of the Appalachians and east of the Rockies, this would have seriously changed your opinions! We ate in a little room that we had to take our shoes off before entering, and basically sat on the floor. The evening was so much fun and will definitely be a lasting impression for a great Valentine's day!


These memories will stick with me for so long. I've really thought quite a bit about my "last" memories of Kansas City as this year has continued to progress. My last Kansas City 1/2 Marathon, last Plaza lights, last time going to Starlight and Theater in the Park. These experiences have been such a part of my life and routine in Kansas City the past 2 1/2 years, and it will be sad to leave. However, I know that God's plans are perfect, and that He will give me new experiences and opportunities as I transition to life in Colorado. I can't believe I start that whole process in less than 3 weeks now!

No comments: