Tuesday, February 09, 2010

dad

Dad passed away this morning at 0445.  I was up with him until about 4 and his breathing started becoming more difficult.  I got my stepmom up and we looked at when he had medications and decided it was ok to give him a little more of the pain and sleep medicine.  After that I went up to bed & told my stepmom to come and get me if anything happened.  Shortly after I drifted off, she came up and woke us all up telling us it was time.  I felt the pulse fade and disappear after a last gasp or two for breath.  He passed on with his family around him & very peacefully.  While we are all grieving the loss, we also know that it was best and this way he didn't have to suffer very much.  He led a full life and his work took him to all corners of the globe.  He will be dearly missed.  The following are pictures that I have with my Dad from my junior year of college (a very long time ago).  This is how I want to remember him.

 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sweety, we've all been praying for you and your family, and we'll continue to do so!!!!!! There just aren't any words to express right now other than I'm sorry you're going through this! Love you Nat!

Keri said...

I'm so glad you were able to be with him in his last moments Natasha! I'm so sorry he's gone. You are far too young to lose a parent. Please know we are thinking about you and praying for you!

Marie said...

I have only met your dad once--when you came to visit me when you were a senior in high school and were thinking about coming to K-State.

I don't know what else to say. What can you say? I love you.