Saturday, September 05, 2009

I broke down...

And bought a Kitchenaid Mixer off craigslist! Many of you know that I'm doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, and don't worry, the money came from somewhere so there's still a zero balance in my budget! I actually came home Thursday night and all of a sudden it dawned on me to look on craigslist for a mixer. I found one in Woodland Park for $125, which I called about Friday morning. My friend, Nicole, & I drove up to get it last night. I bought it from some folks that moved out here from Louisiana. The guy told me they had given up on baking in the altitude, which I found hilarious! I checked it out, made sure it works, and paid for the new kitchen implement! I did not come home & bake, just to let you all know. I thought it might be silly to place another mixer on the counter at the family's house I'm living in right now. Below is a picture of my new mixer! I guess I'll just have to take Keri's advice and someday when I get married register for a more sophisticated one or something! Making Kringle at Christmas will definitely be easier with a mixer, that's for sure. Now if I can just get my hands on one of those heavy duty rolling pins that you could practically kill someone with....

4 comments:

Em said...

Yay!!! It's fancier than mine! I'm proud of your purchase. I'm sure you already know you'll love it!

Marie said...

I think it's awesome that you bought one! You are awesome. I didn't know you were a fellow Dave Ramsey-ite!

annaelyse said...

YAY nat! I'm so excited for you! My friends have a white one in their kitchen that I absolutely LOVE. I know color choice probs wasn't high on your list of requirements, but well done!!

Unknown said...

Finally! :)